Bring your breadth of distribution experience into this pivotal role
Grow and thrive in an innovative utility network
Full Medical, Life & Income Protection Insurance
About WEL Networks
We're excited to be innovating and upgrading our ever-growing network and future-proofing our region as we diversify from a traditional lines company and continue to play an essential role in the Waikato region's economic and social development.
With the energy landscape changing at pace, we remain focused on a strong and resilient network as a foundation for future technology enhancements. Integration of the traditional and new will unlock our energy potential and help us realise our vision: to create an innovative energy future
We are looking for skilled, innovative and enthusiastic team members, passionate about supporting WEL into the future.
About the role
We are looking for a very experienced Engineer to join our team. As our Senior/Principal Distribution Engineer, you will be responsible for managing WEL's distribution design and construction standards and framework and provide technical leadership to the wider business. You will also be responsible for distribution equipment designs, working with suppliers and field teams to refine equipment choice and application to drive reliability and health and safety improvements.
- Structure, manage, maintain and develop the design and construction standards and the associated management framework
- Direct and lead WEL’s distribution equipment choices shaping our future network.
- Introduce new distribution equipment and materials into the network
- Translate field crew feedback into improved equipment/material choice and distribution standards and designs
- Provide specialist project and operational engineering support
- Support the development and maintenance of the testing and commissioning standards and processes
Skills and experience
- You will be a qualified Engineer operating at senior or principal level
- A team player that can work across the breadth of the business to distil feedback into actionable improvements
- Able to prove, present and persuade others on technical aspects of design, showing why they are important and motivating adoption
- Extensive distribution knowledge and experience either from an electrical or mechanical / distribution background
- Practical experience in or exposure to field operation
- Considerable experience in standard and policy development, implementation and roll-out
At WEL, we look after our people – with medical, life and income protection insurance, a variety of flexible working options, the safest equipment and plenty of upskilling opportunities.
We are committed to making sure our people go home safe every day, and with a drug and alcohol free worksite, we will require you to take a drug and alcohol test before you join us.
How to Apply
At WEL we value diversity and innovation, and want extraordinary people with vision to join us. It is important to us that we get to experience a little bit of the 'real you' in your application. Apply now with your CV and please take the time in a cover letter to tell us what really floats your boat – what sets you apart, why you want to be a part of our team and some of your proudest achievements.
View the full position description for more details, and if this opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, please apply!
Applications close 04 November 2021